Lose the Weight and Keep It Off
Keeping a healthy weight is an ongoing endeavor. Oftentimes some people find themselves rapidly gaining weight after losing some pounds. In the end they gain more weight than they lost. There are a few things that you can do to make your victory against weight problems a lasting one:
- Don’t get a new diet, get a lifestyle change – It’s not just food that makes people overweight. It’s actually long years of making bad choices in some areas of their life. Good health is not just about eating right; it’s also about living right. If you get a diet instead of a change in lifestyle, you’ll never make it stick. Sooner or later, your body will revert back to the lifestyle it’s used to, and each time it gets harder to bounce back.
- Exercise – Ask yourself, “how does 30 minutes, 5 times a week sound?” Commit to something that you can actually do. Don’t promise something big to yourself, just make a promise that you know you can actually keep. If exercising for 30 minutes 5 times a week is not realistic, trim it down. You have to start somewhere, after all. Just remember that you also get what you give. If you give an hour of your day, five times a week, you’ll probably be in a better position to expect significant weight loss than if you commit 30 minutes a day, 3 days a week.
- Keep track – Keep a journal, or a blog of your progress. It not just shows you your numbers; it’s also nice to have something to look back to when you reach your ideal weight. It’s good to document everything you went through so that you won’t feel like going through it again. This will also help you identify “triggers” that sidetrack you from your routine. It pays to have a smart approach to your weight loss.
- Tell someone – Some people find that joining a support group for weight loss helped a lot not just in losing the weight but also in keeping it off. If you are uncomfortable with joining a support group, enlist the help of your trusted family and friends. People whose opinion you value, and those you know will be supportive of your weight loss goals.
- Take baby steps – Don’t feel disappointed if you don’t lose weight as quickly as you want. Remember that what matters is that your weight loss is consistent and steady. You’ll get there eventually.
- Take the time to enjoy food – eat slowly and chew your food thoroughly. You’ll be able to enjoy your food better this way than if you wolf everything down. You’ll also feel satisfied without having eaten too much.
- Focus on being healthy rather than just being thin – there’s so much pressure to be thin that you lose sight of what should be the primary objective of losing weight which is to feel better.
You may also try natural supplements such as Proactol to help control your appetite the natural way. It’s a long journey to being physically fit, but if you have the right attitude, you’ll get there eventually.
- Losing Weight through Circuit Training One of the best exercises to help you lose weight is going through circuit training....
- Lose Weight While Eating Healthy Being overweight or obese comes with many health issues that nobody wants to deal with...
Filed under: Weight Loss Tips
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!